Promoting quality education, leadership, and support for the Districts of Boone-Winnebago Counties
Illinois State Law requires all employed educators to maintain valid/registered Licenses and meet all qualifications in administrative and instructional areas.
The ROE provides the following services for licensed educators:
- Assistance with applications for approvals and endorsements, Registration, renewal, and updating of licenses
- Information on required Professional Development
- Maintenance of Substitute and teacher vacancy lists
For information, contact:
- View Illinois licensure requirements here: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Educator-Licensure-Requirements.aspx
- View “how-to” videos https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Licensure-Webinar.aspx
- Monitor your email and/or ELIS account for updates regarding your application status.
- To check the status on a document(s) you can view "images" to verify it has been posted to your account.
CURRENT ISBE TIMELINES (as of March 5, 2018):
- Evaluation of PEL Applications: 10 weeks
- Evaluation of Substitute Applications: 4 weeks
- Evaluation of Paraprofessional Applications: 6 weeks
- Opening & processing new mail and transcripts: 2 weeks
- Uploading emailed transcripts, documents and forms: 2 weeks
- Processing Refunds: 2 weeks (+ an additional 10 business days for the reversal to appear on your credit card)